Ocean Theme: Easy Handprint Fish

We LOVE Handprint Crafts (ok, really I do but the Lil Divas are always ready to comply!)

For our Ocean Theme I just had to make these adorable handprint fish.
I fist made these over 11 years ago with my very 1st preschool class!

It was a hit then & it was a hit now with my Lil Divas.

The Craft: Easy Handprint Fish



What You Need:
varied color paints
paint brushes
white paper
black permanent marker

What We Did:

1. Each Lil Diva decided what colors she wanted to use for her fish.
I was thinking 2 but they opted for the full rainbow, haha!

2. To make the fish paint the bottom of the palm nearest the wrist as the face in 1 color
Then, paint the remainder of the palm in another color.
Finally, paint the fingers in alternating colors.
(see pic below)


2. Make your handprint & allow drying time


3. Once the print has dried add an eye & mouth using black permanent marker.
I added their names & the date to our finished picture as well.


The Oldest Diva opted to make 1 rainbow fish and 1 clown fish -



She added air bubbles using her pinky dipped into blue paint - a fun little detail



These came out so cute & are really easy to do!

If you have younger kids I suggest using a minimal amount of colors -
the most time is spent painting their hands so if they are squirmy you will want to choose only 2 colors.

For more fun handprint & footprint crafts check out our:

Books:






Enjoy,
Bern