Yummy Fun with Mardi Gras Inspired Cupcakes

You can not celebrate Fat Tuesday without a little indulgence - so today we made Mardi Gras inspired cupcakes & they were YUMMY!


We started with our fave yellow cake mix as our base. Then I distributed the batter into 4 bowls. I added food coloring to 3 of the bowls to make my yellow, green and purple colors.


To make purple I used a 2:1 ratio of red to blue. I used 12 drops of red and 6 drops of blue


Then I spooned the batter into the cupcake liners one color at a time. I did not mix the colors - just spooned them on top of each other. Here's what they looked like before going into the oven.


These are the cupcakes right out of the oven


Here's a peek inside - so cute & perfect for Mardi Gras


I added swirls of buttercream icing on top - but did not cover them completely so the colors would show


They were so yummy & fun!

Lastly, here's a look at my Mardi Gras Divas just having fun & enjoying the day! :)

Bern