Kindergarten - Why is it so Stressful?

I posted before about my Kindergarten Woes for my Oldest Diva (click here ---> Public, Charter or Homeschool?) but absolutely nothing is resolved and I am feeling panicked! :(

We did not make it into the lottery for the 1st Charter School - they put us on the dreaded WAITING LIST!

I was really hoping the 2nd Charter School would work out - this is the one I actually like & would want her to attend! Then horror of horrors - we get a letter in the mail that it has been puhed back to May 9th and will (GASP!) now also be a LOTTERY! Insert Manical Shriek HERE!

The stress is killing me - I haven't been sleeping well and my thoughts are seriously consumed with all these horrible scenarios about my poor Lil Diva not being able to go to school and the thing is - she really wants to!

I honestly don't think she'd be happy if we had to homeschool :( She is so looking forward to that Big Girl Rite of Passage that is Kindergarten! They are making a big deal of it at her preschool and of course she hears Mommy talking about it & well, it is a big deal!

So what do I do if she doesn't get in to the Charter School? We CAN NOT afford Private School and I really do not like our zoned for Public School at all. I am going to try to apply for a reassignment but you need a valid reason & well - being a high strung mom who knows what she doesn't want or like for her kids apparently does NOT count! What is wrong with these people? :)

I really wish we had more of a choice in the public school system - these are our kids and we should have more say in how and where they are schooled.

If we could afford it for the long term - I really would be a Homeschooling Mom. There's just no better way to do things - than to do them yourself! But, the reality is I will be returning to work within the next 2 years and so I feel like the Lil Diva should get her start in a brick and mortar school since that is where she will end up the following year anyway.

Who knew getting you child registered for Kindergarten would be so HARD and STRESSFUL?

Bern