Mom Confession: I Secretly LOVE Getting......

CARDED!

Yes, that horribly annoying task of having to produce ID everytime you order a drink in your 20's is suddenly a giggle inducing, ego boosting, brag worthy episode in your 30's (and beyond I'm sure!)

Last night I went out for impromptu dinner & drinks with family (all women) while my hubby and girls slept the night away! That in itself was exhilarating, then as we sat and laughed and decided on which drinks we would have - it happened!

I ordered a Hawaiian Volcano (yummy!) and the waiter said - "Can I see your ID please?"

We all laughed, as I blushed and fished out my ID, everyone proclaiming it was a wonderful compliment!

He took my ID and actually took a moment to inspect it - I had thought he was joking!

How lovely it felt that this young waiter thought I was apparently UNDER 21! Ha! :)

After the recent battles I have endured with UNWANTED gray hairs <--click for that lovely post!
it was nice to be mistaken for being that young again! :)

A Hawaiian Volcano has never tasted so sweet as it did last night! :)

Do you secretly love being carded or mistaken for younger than you are?

Does it sercetly give you a bit of a thrill, as it did me, as well?

Bern