My First Blog Award!


Talk about having a good morning - I woke up this morning and found that I had been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award by not 1 but 2 bloggers yesterday! Can you say AWESOME!!!!

Thank you so much to Toes That Twinkle (I have serious nail polish envy - you must check out her collection!) and Debbie over at Thrifty and Frugal  (she spreads the word about great deals - definitely take time to check out her blog!)

It's so nice to have my lil blog recognized and have the word spread about me! Can you tell I am super excited! :)

So here are the rules for acceptance of the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

Now to pick 7 things about me to share, hmmmm.......:


1. I am a serious bookworm - I LOVE books - I have loved to read since I was a little girl when I would strain my eyes to read hidden in bed by the barely there light of the moon coming in my bedroom window! Not much has changed - I can still be found reading late into the night. Once I start a book and it grabs me I will go without sleep to finish - can't help myself! :)

2. I HATE onions - yes hate is a strong word, but really I do hate them! The smell, the taste, the burn to my eyes - not my idea of fun! My husband loves them so I am forced to cook them for him sometimes & I SUFFER! See what I do for love, he has no idea!

3. I am not tidy (just ask my husband) - I leave things all around the house in random piles so that I can get to them easily and it drives him nuts! He wants things out of sight - I want them within reach and within my sight (so I remember what I wanted to do!)

4. Since having my girls I am a Night Owl (aka a horrible sleeper). I am up way too late at night surfing the internet, reading or just watching tv. I get this second wind right around 9pm and am up till after midnight. I try to lay down and my mind thinks of a million things I forgot to do or need to do and well - no sleep!

5. I am afraid to be alone in my house! I have pretty much always been a chicken - needed to sleep with my back to a wall, all dorrs closed, etc.... It's pretty much followed me into adulthood - I can not take a shower when the hubby is working late and not envision that scene from Psycho and think someone is about to kill me! Talk about speed showers! lol!

6. I love Sweet Tarts - they are horrible for your teeth, it's like ingesting purse sugar but they are a serious weakness! I always have some hidden away!

7. I am addicted to Mystery/Thrillers - books & shows. I love trying to uncover the mystery and figure out who did it and why before the end! I am pretty good too if I may so myself!
Ok, that was 7 - not so bad! Hope you learned a bit more about me that I hadn't previously shared!

My 15 Recently Discovered Blogs
  1. Shelton Made
  2. Sprouts Green Family
  3. Mother's Hideaway
  4. Spoiled...but not Rotten
  5. Three Boys
  6. 2 Cute Chikadees and a Sweet Pea
  7. Mom in Training
  8. The Adventures of Mommy B
  9. SuerteMom
  10. Splendiferous Girls Club
  11. My Little Princess World
  12. Our Beautiful Mess
  13. The Not Always Happy Homemaker Diaries
  14. A Balanced State of Mind
  15. Belle's Butterfly Dreams